I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, June 4, 2010

Van rides

Now that I work on the night shift, I can’t take the city bus on my way back from work because the last bus comes at 7:30 p.m. I don’t get off of work until 9 p.m., so that means I have to wait around for the van from the work release center to come pick us up. Sometimes they pick us up on time, but most of the time, we have to wait.

I’ve only been taking the van for about a week, but people have said that they’ve waited until 1 a.m. for the van to come. The longest I’ve ever had to wait was about an hour. Once I get off work, I just want to go back and go to sleep, but I have to wait on the van. Once it comes, we normally have to pick up more people all over Pinellas and Hillsborough County. My second evening on the night shift, I didn’t get back to the Center until 11:40 p.m.

Ted eats lunch around noon at the Center before he takes the 2:50 p.m. bus to work. He is not given a bag lunch for dinner, so does not get to eat until he returns to the Center in the evening.

Ted continues his search for a second job in Pinellas County. One reader left a comment about a possible job prospect and Ted will be calling that business tomorrow. Thanks for posting it!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it works out for him. Keep us posted...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete