I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, June 11, 2010

Peer pressure

If anyone has ever worked at telemarketing then you know that a lot of people there like to get high. So far I haven’t seen much of it at my job, but it is around and I’d be lying if I said I haven’t seen people smoking weed.

I didn’t realize it while I was in prison, but now that I’m out, it seems to be calling my name. Before I continue, let me say this – “Nothing is worth going back to prison. NOTHING!” I haven’t touched pot or any other drugs since I’ve been out, but the temptation is always there.

I feel like I’ve come so far and my worst fear is getting out and messing up everything I’ve worked for. I just keep telling myself that if I can stay clean in prison and work release, I can do it when I get out too.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong and just know that you have come so far! I believe if you put your mind to it you can do it! Good luck!
    W/love
    Britt

    ReplyDelete