I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ghost town

There are about 280 people here at the work release center. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest work release centers in Florida. Who knows if that’s true or not? Anyway, it holds just as many people as Lancaster work camp.

During the day, the compound is like a ghost town almost. Most of the inmates here are at work, so there really isn’t anybody to play cards with. The only people here are busy looking for jobs. I try to sleep most of the mornings away, but I can only ever sleep until 10 a.m. at the latest. Currently, I’m looking for a job during the day. I need the money and it will make the time go by faster.

While I was in prison, I kept busy while I worked in the kitchen, but here I don’t have anything to do until 2:50 p.m. when I leave for work. All morning and early afternoon, all I have to do is read. It gets so boring.

This entry was written two weeks ago. Since that time, Ted was terminated from his evening job for not making enough sales. He has since gotten another full-time job which he'll write about soon. The authorities at the Center did not let him apply at Val-Pak, as one reader recommended. They said Val-Pak would not hire work release residents.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry!! It was worth a try though! Maybe he can try after he gets out of that dump!! I can't wait to hear about his new job. Tell Ted not to feel bad about the telemarketing job, I made it almost 2 months there, it's harder than they let on.

    ReplyDelete