I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Talented people

One thing I’ve noticed about being in prison is that there is so much wasted talent. Some people write some of the best poems I’ve ever heard and others can take apart anything with an electric motor and make tattoo guns. I keep thinking that if inmates actually used their skills for good things, there would be a whole lot less people in prison.

Of course there are people like me, too, that had to go to prison to discover their strengths. Even though I always knew I could write pretty well, if I hadn’t gone to prison, I would have never used my writing to help people. Honestly, I probably would have never written anything at all.

So I guess even though it was hard, in some ways I’m grateful I discovered my talent. It is sad though. Nobody should have to go to prison to find out that they are good at something.

3 comments:

  1. Heу would you mind ѕtatіng whiсh blog plаtform you're working with? I'm
    lookіng to start mу own blog soοn
    but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looκing foг sοmething сompletely unique.
    P.S Sοrry for getting off-topic but I had
    to ask!

    Here iѕ my wеblog: Read More

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really maκe it appear reallу easy togetheг wіth your ρresentatіon but I in finding this
    matteг to be aсtually one thing thаt I
    feel I might by no means understanԁ. Ιt kіnd of feels too
    complicated аnd ѵery large for me. I'm looking forward to your next post, I'll attempt tо
    get the hang of it!

    Alsо νisit mу webpage; get rid of premature ejaculation

    ReplyDelete
  3. few week ago I felt some pains and I went to the hospital my doc told me I had hpv about 1 yr and I need to start the treatment early, he gave me some medicine to be taking and I told him no I’ll not, because I hated taking medicine when I won’t not see cure for the purpose. After I got home I started getting worried searching for strong advice and I found valid natural treatment online lot people says they got hpv cure from Dr onokun and I email Dr Onokun 3 days passed, I purchase his cure online some weeks after the process taking his treatment i got cured. I went for checkup twice after taking the natural treatment from the herbalist called Dr onokun and i tested negative. contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete