I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, June 20, 2010

Terminated

Last Thursday night (June 10th), I went into work and within three minutes of being there, I got fired for low production. Okay, so I wasn’t the best, but I didn’t see that coming.

What made that night worse is I could feel my muscles and my throat were sore, so I knew I was getting sick. I wish they would’ve called me here at the Center instead of having me ride an hour and a half there [on the bus] to tell me I’m fired and another hour and a half back.

I have only five days to find a job. I just hope I can find one.

If a work release resident is terminated from his job, they have five days to find a new job before they are sent back to prison. Ted was very sick for three of those five days and his female case manager screamed at him repeatedly that she was sending him back to prison. Luckily, the case manager’s assistant helped Ted tremendously and found him new employment quickly. Ted started the new job on June 14th and likes it much better. Ted’s female case manager was fired on Friday, June 18th for unknown reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment