I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, May 31, 2010

Night shift

Well I guess I wasn’t doing too good at work because I got switched to the night shift. I was making sales – I just wasn’t making enough of them.

The night shift is only part-time, which sucks, but I do like the people I work with now a little more. Even though night shift may have a better working environment, I still wish I could get more hours.

I need to find another job soon so that I will have a decent amount of money saved up by the time I get out. Now that I’m working 4:30 – 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Saturdays, at least that will give me some time to go look for a second job during the day.

All I want for now is a job paying $9 or $10 an hour with 40 hours a week. A normal full-time job.

2 comments:

  1. I heard there's a place hiring in St. Pete or Clearwater or something like that. It's called Valu-Pak, they do that envelope of junk mail you get once or twice a month. They run all 3 shifts and I heard it pays like 13 an hour. I saw the ad in the paper and gave it to a friend. You should try and find out the info to apply. Sorry I don't have more information...Good Luck, Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to their website. Looks like it's in St Pete: http://www.coxtarget.com/coxtargetCareers/pages/PositionSearch.jsp

    ReplyDelete