I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, March 5, 2010

Wisdom tooth pain

I talked again with Ted on Thursday at about 6 p.m. He said his wisdom tooth hurt tremendously and he had finally turned in a dentist request form two hours before. Ted was trying to put off seeing a dentist because he would be transferred back to Lake Butler (RMC) to get his wisdom tooth removed and Lake Butler is not a nice place to be. He doesn't know how long it will take for him to see a dentist and he doesn't know if he will be at Lake Butler for a few hours, a few days or a few weeks. He also doesn't know if his bed will be waiting for him back in Lancaster work camp. He was worried he might be stuck at Lake Butler.

He also mentioned that people were sick all over Lancaster work camp, not just in his dorm. He said less than half of the inmates were sick and the flu lasted three to four days. He added that two COs called off sick from work. Luckily, Ted still hasn't got the bug, but he said it's probably only a matter of time.

The trial that Ted was going to testify at as a witness on March 9 -12 was postponed, so he won't be transferred to the Pinellas County Jail for that trial.

Ted also said that he may not get to go to a work release camp after all. Another inmate told him the waiting list for the Largo work release camp was very long and it may be months before a bed opens up. If he isn't transferred to a work release camp before a certain length of time, he won't go at all. Supposedly, those with less than three months remaining of their sentence aren't eligible. This is all based on what another inmate said, so who knows if it's true. A couple of weeks ago, Ted had earned enough gain time to be released on October 3, 2010.

Hopefully he will get his wisdom tooth taken care of soon and they'll give him some sort of numbing medication for the procedure.

6 comments:

  1. I've had a severe toothache when my wisdom tooth started to erupt. It was excruciatingly painful. I ended up having it removed so my Beverly Hills dental implants could having breathing space as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my wisdom tooth erupted, it was extremely painful I couldn't go to work. I had it removed by my Buckhead dental partners and the pain just went away. Good thing it doesn't affect some of my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I got my wisdom tooth extracted and it hurts too much. My dentist suggested some painkillers to sustain the pain. Even tho I'm happy that my wisdom tooth got extracted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wisdom tooth extraction is really painful and I heard that dorchester dentists are really good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with you all and I must say that wisdom tooth extraction is really painful. cosmetic dentist boca raton extracted my wisdom tooth yesterday and I must say that they are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growing a wisdom tooth is one of the pains we have to endure in growing up. Back then, I have to visit my rockford dentist once a week just to check it out. It hurts so much that I had difficulty in sleeping.

    ReplyDelete