I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, March 20, 2010

New pen pal


So I have this new pen pal who has been writing me. She's originally from Norway, but ended up living near the North Pole. I didn't even know people live that far north!

She just started writing me, so I haven't really gotten to know her that well yet. She seems really easy to talk to though. I think that's because she has her own rough past, so she can relate to a lot of the same things. Most of the people who write just say things that are encouraging, but she actually has been through a lot too. She is one of the lucky few that broke the criminal cycle and is currently going to college in the UK at Lancaster University. The name is just a coincidence.

Anyway, I hope to soon be doing what she is doing now. Well I guess I want to end this with a proper shout out to her: "A.K., Thanks for writing. You probably don't know it, but what you wrote me has been a real inspiration. I hope to hear from you soon."

You can write Ted or another inmate (even if you live outside the U.S.) by signing up at EmailingAPrisoner.com.

Ted will be transferred to Lake Butler on Monday. He says he will be there for a week before being transferred to a work release camp in his home county.

No comments:

Post a Comment