I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, March 25, 2010

War stories

All day long all I hear is people telling each other how when they get out they’re going to get drunk or high – or they’ll tell old stories about how they used to get drunk or high. It’s a daily occurrence. I have people all trying to talk to me about such things.

To be honest, I really don’t want to hear their war stories. Most of the time, I’ll try to change the conversation and if that doesn’t work, I’ll get up and leave.

I know I’ve written about old war stories myself, but that was just to show some of the things I myself have been through. I’m not proud of any of it. I used to be. I really can’t explain why. I though maybe my friends would be impressed by the things I did, but none of that matters anymore. The gangs, the drugs and the violence only raised the crime rate and made our community unsafe, even if back then I claimed that I was “helping the hood.” Ha. Was I an idiot or what?

1 comment:

  1. oh please. you really should find someone to describe how life at RMC Main Unit really is... First of all the dorms are kept extremely clean. They are in the best shape they could be in for their age and second of all there are not bugs everywhere. The officers have to be in those dorms the same amount of time the inmates do if not more time considering the inmates get to go to the recreation yard. And if the tax payers weren't paying out the behind for all of the LUXURIES inmates have maybe they could afford to build newer dorms. But no, they do the crime and we make sure they get cake and cookies in the dining hall and make sure they get all the free pain meds, medical procedures, and dental procedures possible. And lets not forget all the passes they get so they don't live a LIFE in PRISON. Passes so they don't have to shave, walk around, get off their bunk, get a hair cut, wear certain clothes, and lets not forget to make sure they all get their diets. Please... leave the institutions alone and if you need to hate on anyone, hate on the sorry people who rape your kids, steal your property, and murder your loved ones to get a free ride in life..a great one at that...one thing you may want to think about....if prison is so bad why is recidivism so high??? let me see..probably because its nothing like the movies..

    ReplyDelete