I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Changes on the outside

One thing I haven’t thought about in a long time is new movie releases. I was looking through the newspaper the other day and I saw some listings for movies that are now available on DVD. Most of the movies in there I’ve never even heard of.

I just can’t believe I’ve missed so much. I know I only got 24 months in prison, where as there are other people who have way longer to do than me. But still, in the time I’ve been incarcerated, new movies have come out, newer cars, and a big store was built near my mom’s house. Sure these are just little things, but people who live in the community are so used to all this that they don’t think too much about it.

When I get out, though, things will be a lot different. I’ll have to catch up on two years worth of movies. I’ll have a new Walmart two blocks from my house, and I’ll even have new neighbors I’ll have to meet.

I’m sure when I get out I’ll notice a lot of other things that have changed also. Well hopefully I’ll only have another five or six months left. That isn’t too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment