I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm sorry

There are a lot of people I’ve hurt that I may never see again, so this is for you.

I’ve hurt too many people to list. Heck, I can’t even remember them all. That’s sad but true.

Everyone that ever knew me I’ve hurt at some point. I’ve stolen from family and friends. I’ve sold drugs that could kill you to my friends and people I barely knew – not even considering the consequences. I was in two high-speed police chases for stupid reasons and I never once thought of the people I could have killed if I hit another car. Also, I’ve broken into houses only out of pure greed. There’s so much more I could mention, but that’s not really important. I just feel guilty about so much. I was reckless – never caring about anybody but myself. The thing that kills me the most is how I’ve disappointed my parents over and over just to go right back out to do the same things.

Well to all those who I’ve hurt, I’m truly and sincerely sorry. I hate myself for the things I’ve done. I understand if you don’t forgive me, but I at least want you to know how I feel.

3 comments:

  1. It's good that you're sorry, but it's more important that you change.

    I wouldn't beat your self up about it though. There's a fine line between prison and freedom, and most of us – if we're honest – have done "bad" things. The difference is, you were caught.

    Good luck changing and for what it's worth, you haven't missed that many good movies :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a real jewel in GOD"S eye. Stay strong you have a mighty purpose in life.

    Ms Rita
    thethrowawaykids mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a secret for you.

    You have to forgive YOURSELF, too.

    Part of you is angry at yourself for putting you in this mess.

    Forgive yourself, is just as important to your own self as it is to any others.

    It don't have to be religious, but work it out with YOURSELF. Pray or just be still and quiet and reflect, let your mind go where it wants to.

    Ted, Am telling you as one who knows, is VERY important that you ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY you just wrote to EVERYONE and FORGIVE YOURSELF.

    You may be amazed how much weight it will lift off you, trust me.

    No religious freak, but I believe in God, and I believe that ALL people are capable of being good.

    From what I read, I think you need to cut yourself some slack and FORGIVE yourself for all of it, everything.

    This post you wrote, it screamed of YOU not being right with your past. You can't change it, but you can apologize to everyone you hurt and then move forward.

    One of the people you hurt most, was yourself, and you probably have anger about it.

    Let it go, buddy.

    You got a lot of people rooting for you and hanging on your words.

    Gotta be something worthy in there for that to be going down....

    ReplyDelete