I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, March 19, 2010

Hard Times

They call it “Hard Times”. Well it’s true I guess. Being incarcerated gets depressing. I’d rather be in any other situation than this. Well almost. There’re those Korean labor camps I heard about. That would suck way more than this.

Actually this is one of the easiest camps I’ve ever been to. I haven’t seen nearly as many fights at this camp as I’ve seen elsewhere. Although it’s strict, that’s probably why.

All in all, though, it still gets depressing. Visitation is the worst. Sure you get to see your family, but it always come to an abrupt end and you’re forced to say good-bye. Whenever you give your family the last hug, you never want to let go. Then finally you let go and think about how nice it would’ve been if you could’ve gone home with them. To me that’s “Hard Times.” It’s not something I would wish on my worst enemies.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one who feels that way. When my friend, Jason, was in (for 3 years), I went to see him every Saturday (1.5 hr drive each way) and I would always cry the whole way home. I'm praying for you Ted, I hope someone is planning a big party for you when you get home...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete