I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting a tooth pulled in prison

I spoke with Ted on Monday evening. He had gone to the dentist and they had pulled his upper molar at 11:20 a.m. on Monday. They used Novocaine during the procedure, but he still felt pain, he said.

He was given one 200 mg Ibuprofen tablet at 4 p.m.

Ted said he could ask the dorm supervisor for more Ibuprofen – but only one tablet every four or six hours (he wasn’t sure how often).

When he called me at about 8 p.m., he was tremendous pain. He had received a piece of paper for more pain medication, but they never came to get him to give him the medicine.

After talking with Ted, I called the prison. I was told it would be straightened out the next morning. Meanwhile, they told me Ted could ask the dorm supervisor for another Ibuprofen.

Ted said the tooth finally stopped bleeding and they gave him Tuesday and Wednesday off from work. He said he would try to write more blog entries during that time.

I didn’t speak with Ted tonight on the phone. Hopefully they arranged to give him more pain medication than one 200 mg Ibuprofen tablet. I know when I had my tooth pulled, my dentist gave me Morphine and it still hurt!

Ted will still need to get his wisdom tooth pulled…

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story, I think it still feels great to get your tooth removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that it would have worsen or even cause complication if that tooth would not be removed.

    ReplyDelete