I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Road trip

When I get out, I have a million things I have to think about and do, but I decided one thing I’m definitely going to do for sure. I’m taking a road trip.

I want to get away from Florida. I’m not trying to escape. I just want to have some time to myself for a few weeks.

It’s going to take a lot of planning and preparation, but I think it’ll do me some good. I don’t want to go anywhere in particular. I just want to start driving and see where I end up. I was thinking about driving on the famous Route 66. Who knows.

Of course I can’t take this road trip right away. First I have to get my license re-instated and save some money. Plus a few other things, but this is one thing I really want to do. It’s one of the things I want to do while I’m young.

My mom said she thought it was a good idea, but of course she worries. Every mom worries about their kids no matter how old they are. Heck, I’ll be 21 when I’m released and still sometimes she acts like she doesn’t want me to ever leave her side.

Anyway, if anyone has any good advice for a successful road trip, I’d really like to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment