I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Complainers

Ever since I’ve arrived here, for some reason I keep hearing other people say they don’t like it here. They keep talking about how the people who run this place just want to take our money. Well maybe so, but not all of it and still it’s only a small price to pay.

I don’t understand why a person would rather be back in prison with no money than here with a little bit of money. I know where I’d rather be and believe me, it’s not prison.

Here you can do things when you want or have the time, but in prison you do things when you’re told and how you’re told.

As for me, I’m not complaining. The COs (or Techs, as they’re called here) leave you alone and don’t yell. As long as you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ll never hear them and they’ll leave you alone. What more could a person still serving prison time ask for? This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment