I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Heaven!

After nearly a week, I finally received more blog entries from Ted.

Supposedly the work release center I’m at is the biggest one in Florida. (Don’t quote me on that.) It holds approximately 272 inmates. The whole compound is just a remodeled motel.

My room is one of the bigger rooms. It has 14 people, including me. My room is on the second floor and is made up of three motel rooms with the middle walls cut out. There is no carpeting. Instead the floor is just painted blue. The three bathrooms for the old rooms were left in and also remodeled with brand-new everything.

This place is like heaven compared to where I just was. All they want from me here is to keep a job. That shouldn’t be too hard.

There’re a couple people who sleep in my room that make some good money doing telemarketing. Even though it’s an aggravating job, it still pays better than others. Of course, that will be a last resort.

Ted got a job within a week and a half, but I’ll let him tell you about that.

1 comment: