I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, May 14, 2010

My new job on the outside

This entry was also written three weeks ago. Ted got a job in a week and a half after applying to four Clearwater Beach resorts with no success.

Well I got a job today. My roommate told me that I could make $1,000 a week working where he was. At first I didn’t want to go because it was telemarketing and I’d have to wear a tie, but I convinced myself to go. Hey it’s a job and if I can make a lot of money, that’s good too. I start working next Tuesday. That’s when I start training.

Another good thing about this job is it takes 1 ½ hours to get there on a bus which gives me an extra three hours away from the work release center. Most telemarketing places are really stressful because you’re normally selling something, but the place I’m going to be working at doesn’t sell anything. All we do is try to lower people’s utility bills by switching their electricity or natural gas supplier. Plus we call mostly commercial, so I won’t have to hear people cuss at me like I would elsewhere.

I’m actually happy I got this job. I think I’ll do okay there and everybody there seems really nice.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at that place. It's not so bad and the supervisor is a riot, if it's still the same guy! You'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete