I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hired at a new job

This entry was written a bit before Ted’s last entry, but I mistakenly overlooked it.

Well I finally got a job. I start next week, but I’m not really sure about it. Even though I’ve only been here a couple of weeks, I felt the pressure of not being able to find a job, so I went and got a telemarketing job.

Don’t get me wrong, I realize I can’t be too picky, but I’m not too good at talking to people on the phone when they’re yelling at me.

I really wish I had time to go looking for another job, but once I start on Monday, my hours will be Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and it takes 1½ hours to even get there on the bus. So I’m going to have to stick it out at this job whether I want to or not.

The good thing though is that I can make a lot of money if I do well. So while I’m working there, I’m going to try to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment