I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, May 7, 2010

The city bus

I’ve never ridden the bus more than three times in my whole life until I got here. Now I ride the bus every day to go look for jobs.

It feels so weird riding down the same streets I used to drive on every day. I have so many memories from so many places around here that I had forgotten about.

Every time I get on the bus and get close to my house, my heart starts racing and all I want to do is get off and walk to my house, but I can’t.

I can’t complain though. This place is 1,000 times better than prison. It doesn’t even feel like prison. It’s more like an extremely strict probation that only lets you go to and from work and nowhere else. Hey, I’m okay with that. Besides, I only have about four more months and that’s nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment