I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reasons to smile

Since I’ve gotten here, I’ve never felt better. I still can’t believe they let me leave by myself to go find a job.

Nobody yells at me here. I don’t have to eat that stuff that DOC calls food. I had almost forgotten what real food tasted like. They offer steak, chicken wings, cheese burgers, French fries, and all the condiments we want to use. Even barbeque sauce! We also get just about any kind of soda we want for free and if they don’t have what you want, there’s seven vending machines – four for sodas and three for snacks.

Then after dinner is over, they put a movie on the big screen TV [in the common room]. Also they have a long book shelf filled with some really good books. Just about any author you’d want. I’ve seen like 30 books I want to read. I’ll have to read one when I get some time.

It’s just now really starting to feel like I’m close to going home. I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment