I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, May 17, 2010

My first day

I started my new job today. I haven’t gotten on the phone yet since I’m still just in training, but I can tell it’s not that bad. Unlike most telemarketing places, we aren’t selling anything. All we do is call people up and try to save them money on their electricity bill. People that work there seem to make a lot of deals, so it must not be too hard.

Tomorrow I go back to finish training and by the end of the day, I should be on the phones. Even though I know this job will get boring, I think I’ll be able to handle it. I just hope I can make $1,000 a week checks like some other people there.

This is a good opportunity to make some good money and I need every penny I can get, so I can pay the court costs off. All in all, though, I don’t think this job will be all that bad.

This blog entry was also written three weeks ago. Ted will be starting his fourth week on the job tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment