I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I think about most of the time

Most of every day I catch myself thinking about my release date. My heart starts to race and when I look around, I feel depressed that I’m still in prison. I can’t help but think about what my family is doing at that exact moment.

I try not to think about getting out, but I just can’t help it. The closer I get to my release date, the more I think about it.

The most popular conversation in here is the one about “when you get out”. There are three questions that I hear on a daily basis: “What did you do to get here?” “How long you got?” “Where are you from?” Those questions force you to talk about your past, which once again makes you think about getting out.

Have you ever heard that old myth that guys think about women every seven seconds? Well, the same can be said for people in prison. It seems that I think about getting out of prison every seven seconds. Well, I know my time here is short and my life will be long, so this is only a speed bump in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Time will go by fast 4 you but 4 the parents it is sooooo slow >>>

    ReplyDelete