I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, February 19, 2010

Mystery shopping



When Ted was 14, he started accompanying me as a companion in a mystery shopping business I co-owned with my fiancĂ© (now husband). We went undercover - posing as customers - to hotels, restaurants and even on cruises. Ted went with me to Alaska, Mexico, the Caribbean, Italy and Greece. We wrote detailed narrative reports on the quality of the food, ambiance, and the employees’ integrity, attitudes, efficiency and service. This was Ted’s first exposure to writing and reporting on conditions – traits that would eventually help him in authoring the Teen in Jail blog.

The company was put aside when we started an international travel magazine (our publisher and financial backer died last February) and so we’re resurrecting the mystery shopping business. Ted plans to again continue as a shopper when he’s released.

No comments:

Post a Comment