I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back to court

Last week I got a subpoena to go back to court in March. Only this time it’s not for me. There is this guy I know who got in some pretty serious trouble. I don’t know if he’s guilty or not, but I guess he wants me to come to his trial and speak on his behalf. I truly feel sorry for him, especially because he’s been in the county jail for three years almost.

I really wouldn’t mind going to his trial date if I wasn’t in prison. Going back to court from prison is such a pain. I’ll have to be transferred back to the RMC reception center first, then to the county jail for the duration of his trial. I’ll probably stay in the county jail for about three weeks and the worst part is – I’ll most likely have to spend my time there in maximum security. Then once I’m done going to court, I’ll go back to RMC, then come back here to Lancaster work camp. It’s always a real pain. Why can’t they just take me to the county jail a day before the three-day trial and once it’s done, drive me back – instead of weeks at each place? Huh. I’m not looking forward to any of it.

The sad thing is, this particular trial has been postponed four or five times already and will most likely be postponed again. RMC (at Lake Butler) is the prison that was filthy and crawling with bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment