I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frozen in time

I don’t see how people can do 5, 10, 20 years in prison and not hate life. I only got two years and it seems like it’ll never end. Sometimes it feels like time is flying by, but if I sit and think about it, it seems like it’s dragging on. Days seem to go by quick, but months seem to never end. I really don’t understand how people deal with the fact that they’re not getting out any time soon.

As for me, I know I don’t have that much time left and I feel like I’m going mad. Even though I have plenty of things to keep my days occupied, it seems like I can’t pass enough time. I try so hard not to think about it, but it’s hard not to. I know it’s only a small fraction of my life that I’m spending in prison, but it still feels like forever.

If you ever want to have the feeling that time is frozen, spend some time in prison. Well, at least try to imagine it. Don’t actually come here. Besides the time, there are a million reasons why prison sucks. Time dragging by is only one reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment