I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My ex-girlfriend

Today I got a letter from my ex-girlfriend. I’m not sure how long it’s been since we talked to each other, but I know it’s been awhile. I’m just glad she wrote. She probably doesn’t know this, but she was the first girl I ever really loved.

Even though we’re not together anymore and we haven’t talked to each other in awhile, I still love her. I thought that after awhile, my feelings for her would go away, but they haven’t. Sure, I got over the fact that we’re not together anymore, but I still care about her.

About a month or so before we broke up, I surprised myself by asking her to marry me. A lot of people probably thought we were too young, but it didn’t really matter to me. At the time, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Actually, part of me still does, but I know it won’t happen.

I don’t think I could ever feel the same way about anyone else like I did with her. Really I don’t know if I’d want to. In the end it’s too painful.

I just want to say this last thing to her: No matter what, I still love you and I hope we will at least remain friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment