I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Job hunt

Even though this place is like Paradise compared to prison, it’s still stressful looking for a job. I’ve only been here a week and they’re already acting like it’s my fault I don’t have a job. What makes it even harder is for my first week, I have to work in the kitchen 5 ½ hours a day, plus go find a job. It’s doable, but hard and tiring. Especially when you have to take the bus everywhere. I’m not used to it. I’ve never looked for a job so hard in my life. After this first week, it’ll be a little less tiring since I won’t have to work in the kitchen anymore. That’ll give me more time to find a job.

The best part of being near my house is that I know where everything is, so that’ll help me out a lot too. I won’t have to spend a lot of time looking up directions. A lot of people here aren’t from the same county. They can spend hours looking up directions.

Anyway, speaking of looking for a job, that’s where I’m going now. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and useful blog.
    Thanks for sharing your hard experiences of life.

    Good luck Ted! :)

    Alessandro from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busted , Your friendly staff at Largo Residential Re-Entry Center. You're not supposed to have a blog page......

    ReplyDelete