I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, April 19, 2010

Big fight

Last night as my roommate and I were waiting for master count, we heard a person (or people) running. We ran to the bars to see what was going on. At first we thought it was a guard coming after someone, but when we looked out, we saw two older guys fighting. There was a white guy and a black guy. They were hitting each other blow for blow.

It seemed like they were fighting forever, when suddenly the white guy turned to run. A mistake. When he turned to run, the black guy grabbed him by his shirt and literally threw him down the stairs face first. I couldn’t believe the white guy was alive.

Before the white guy even had time to stop falling, the black guy was on top of him beating his face in. It looked to me like the black guy was trying to kill him. This whole time the guards were nowhere to be found. I felt sorry for the guy getting beat up.

Anyway, the black dude must have hit him in the face like 8-10 times. I was sure the white guy was dead or at the least, unconscious.

Finally after what seemed like a lifetime, the guard came in. To my surprise, he didn’t break it up. He simply asked the guy to stop. The black guy hit him good one more time and stopped. He was put in handcuffs and lead away.

Amazingly, the white guy got up. I couldn’t believe he was standing. He was actually pretty big. I’m surprised he lost. The black guy had some size on him, but wasn’t as big as the white guy.
As it turns out, somebody stole a necklace with a cross on it from the black guy and I guess he thought it was him.

As the guard was leading the black guy away, I could hear him yelling, “You might as well put me on death row because if I see him again, I’ll kill him.” I believe it too. My roommate told me that the black guy told him he’d been in prison for 27 years.

This blog entry was written at RMC-Main in Lake Butler at the end of March.

1 comment:

  1. lol crazy shit. Just came across your blog today, must say u got some writing skills. Keep writing! I wanna read everything u got! :D

    ReplyDelete