I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

I hate sitting here at the Center on Saturday and Sunday. It’s so boring. There’s nothing to do except play cards, but for most people here, that’s all they’ve done for the last several years. There’s only three things that there are to do: watch movies, play cards or smoke cigarettes – which is something I really need to quit.

All day Saturday and Sunday, I just wait for Monday. Monday means the beginning of a new work week and it’s also one week close to getting out. I figure I’ve only got seven or eight more weeks to go. That also means 16 more Saturdays and Sundays to deal with. Agghhh…. At least I’ll have home passes soon and that’ll help out a lot.

Ted is going to try to go to work today (Saturday), if he is allowed. It's been six weeks since the paperwork for Ted's home visit was submitted to the Largo Residential Reentry Center. I spoke with Ted’s CO on the phone today. She said that approval for Ted’s home visit should be completed this week and sent to the Center – hopefully in time for his first home visit next weekend.

Photo: One of 16 commissioned paintings of dogs playing poker by artist C.M. Coolidge for cigar advertisements in 1903.

No comments:

Post a Comment