I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, August 20, 2010

Say No to Drugs

Since I’ve been released from prison, all I’ve been doing is working and sitting at the house. It seems like there’s too much at risk if I go out and do anything else. So this whole week I’ve been waking up at 6 a.m., going straight to work, then coming straight home.

A few of my old friends have tried to get a hold of me on MySpace, but I just ignore them. They’ll soon figure out that I just want to be left alone.

Actually one thing I have been looking into since I got out is taking classes to become a drug and alcohol counselor. That would be perfect for me, because it’ll give me a great opportunity to help other people and also I can relate with drug addicts real well, because I too am a drug addict and I’ve been in some real bad situations myself.

I would possibly like to travel around the country and talk to kids about the dangers of drugs and my whole experience in prison – maybe speaking on behalf of an anti-drug organization.

Other than that I’m doing real well. I haven’t picked up a single drug or drink and I don’t even feel that I need to. I couldn’t ask for more.

2 comments:

  1. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your true friends are the one who takes care of you, helping to keep you really far from drugs ..you can do it !!! you mom is a great woman.. and I am sure you´re as strong as she.

    ReplyDelete