I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

D.O.C. raid

Right now I’m running on about 30 minutes sleep. I picked the wrong night to stay up late because right after I went to sleep last night, nine cars full of Department of Correction officers came and raided the compound.

They came in and made everybody get up and go outside and sit in 14 rows with 20 inmates in each row facing away from the compound. Meanwhile, other officers searched through all the rooms with K-9 units.

The whole time the rooms were being searched, the officers were going one row at a time making everybody take their clothes off to strip search them. I was sitting at the very front of all the 280 inmates, so I ended up being one of the last to get searched.

The whole time I was waiting to get searched, I kept seeing cell phones, MP3 players and other contraband flying over my head [over the balcony rails]. It seems like everybody had something!

Anyway, this whole search lasted from about 1:30 a.m. until 5:30 a.m. Nobody got any sleep last night. I know I didn’t and I still had to work the next day.

This entry was written about about two weeks ago.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your release Ted!! Good luck in the future, and I hope you keep your blog going!

    Best,

    JS
    Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted--
    Been following your blog since it began. The reason I have been following is because I truly believe that the system has worked for you and that you have learned your lesson.

    Keep your head up, keep your nose clean, and best of luck. My gut tells me that you will not take your liberty for granted. Hope you prove me right.

    Regards,
    TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your 'new' life, Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and
    look forward to new updates.

    Here is my homepage ... pirater un Compte Facebook

    ReplyDelete