I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, July 30, 2009

The most painful thing

"The bad times show you who your good friends are." - Teen in Jail

The worst part for me about coming to jail was losing my girlfriend.

I know everybody says there are plenty of fish in the sea, but when you really are in love with someone and you lose them, it hurts more than anything.

When I first got in here (this time), all I did was hold onto the thought that she would wait for me 'til I got out - no matter how long it takes.

I was stupid of course.

After a month or so, I never thought I would hear from her again. She didn't visit, write a letter or anything.

After five months, she finally came to see me - which got my hopes up.

And then, once again she stopped coming again.

Well anyway, if you're wondering how much I've heard from her in the last 10 months, all I got was three letters and two visits.

This is the most painful thing I've ever had to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment